School Travel Plan
Campas Oideachais Charraig Uí Leighin
- There are more than seventy bicycle spaces available on the grounds of the school. The Ballinrea Road has been reconfigured with works including a new cycle lane to the gate of the school from the Cork Road.
- The Environmental Committee will organise days such as ‘Walk to School’ and ‘Bring your Bike’ days once a term to increase awareness of cleaner ways of travelling to school.
- Students will be encouraged to walk the final few hundred metres of their journey to school if they are not in a position to walk/cycle the full journey.
- This plan will be shared with all members of the school community and emphasis will be placed on personal responsibility around parking and safety.
- The school start-time was moved forward to 08:45a.m. to avoid the Gaelscoil traffic.
- Supervised Study will take place at least two evenings per week which will reduce the number of students going home at 3:30p.m.
- The school building will open at 8:00a.m. Pupils are welcome to arrive early. This is a major help in helping to avoid traffic congestion in the morning.
- A Traffic Steward will be overseeing parking outside the school. Illegal parking or parking that poses a health and safety risk will not be tolerated.
- Through the Parent’s Association, awareness of our impact on neighbouring housing estates will be highlighted, especially around parking and access.